UDK 34 Право. Юридические науки
GRNTI 10.09 История государства и права
OKSO 40.05.02 Правоохранительная деятельность
BBK 67 Право. Юридические науки
TBK 7124 История России XIX - начала XX вв.
The article is devoted to the insufficiently studied problem of interaction between the institutions of the magistrate’s court and police officials in the second half of the 19th century. The powers of a magistrate, as a representative of the judiciary, enshrined in the Charter of Criminal Proceedings, the Charter on Punishments Imposed by Justices of the Peace, were not limited to considering the case and bringing the guilty persons to justice, but made it possible to issue warnings to police officials. The procedural status of a police village constable was regulated by the charter of criminal proceedings and departmental regulations of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Having consistently studied literary sources and archival materials, the author comes to the conclusion that procedural powers have found their application in the activities of police village constables. However, the lack of professional training and sufficient knowledge of regulatory legal acts became an obstacle in the implementation of the procedural powers of a police village constable. For the admission of violations of the fulfillment of the assigned duties when drawing up procedural acts against the guilty persons, the justices of the peace issued warnings to the police officials and reported this to the prosecutor. A commission created with the participation of representatives of the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the second and the third sections of His Imperial Majesty’s Own Chancery to discuss the issue «On the abolition of the right granted to the magistrate courts by article 53 of the charter of criminal proceedings of the right to issue warnings to police officers» considered the powers of the magistrate court to prosecute police officials.
judicial reform, interaction, magistrates court, magistrate, procedural powers, district superintendent of police, district police officer, zemstvo district chief, administrative area, police village constable
1. Sud i prava lichnosti: sbornik statey / pod red. N. V. Davydova, N. N. Polyanskogo. – Kniga 4. – Moskva: Statut; RAP, 2005. – 335 s.
2. Filippov M. I. Sudebnaya reforma v Rossii. – T. I. – Sankt-Peterburg, 1871. – 174 s.
3. Tankov A. A. Mirovye sud'i po proektu dvoryanstva v 1826 godu // Russkaya starina. – 1887. – T. 53. – Sankt-Peterburg, 1887. – 804 s.
4. Borisov A. V. Ministry vnutrennih del Rossii. 1802 – oktyabr' 1917 / vstup. st. V. F. Nekrasova i V. P. Sal'nikova; seriya «Vnutrennie voyska i organy vnutrennih del Rossii». – Sankt-Peterburg: Fond «Universitet», 2000. – 350 s.
5. Gorskaya N. I. Zemstvo i mirovoy sud v Rossii: Zakonodatel'stvo i praktika vtoroy poloviny XIX veka: konec 50-h – konec 80-h gg. : dis. … d-ra ist. nauk: 07.00.02 / Gorskaya Natal'ya Ivanovna. – Moskva, 2009. – 449 s.
6. Buzanova N. A. Zemskie uchastkovye nachal'niki Tambovskoy gubernii (1889–1917 gg.) : dis. …kand. ist. nauk: 07.00.02 / Buzanova Natal'ya Anatol'evna. – Tambov, 2005. – 212 s.
7. Lonskaya S. V. Mirovaya yusticiya v Rossii: monografiya. – Kaliningrad: Kaliningradskiy gosudarstvennyy universitet, 2000. – 215 s.
8. Liharev V. O podsudnosti ugolovnyh del mirovym sud'yam // Zhurnal ministerstva yusticii. – 1868. – T. 35. – Kn. 4. – S. 295–314.
9. Bykov A. V., Bykova A. G. Pravovoe regulirovanie vzyskaniy za disciplinarnye prostupki chinov policii Rossiyskoy imperii (vtoraya polovina XIX – nachalo XX vv.) // Istoricheskie issledovaniya. – 2019. – № 6. – S. 80–88.
10. Pogoreckiy N. A. O sootnoshenii rozyska, doznaniya i sledstviya po Ustavu ugolovnogo sudoproizvodstva 1864 g. // Aktual'nye problemy rossiyskogo prava. – 2014. – № 9 (46). – S. 1949–2100.